Comprehensive, fast, and secure basic DBS Checks for individuals and organizations. Submit an application and receive your certificate within 2 working days.
While a DBS check is required for certain jobs and volunteer positions, that doesn’t mean it’s all you need to be successful at applying. Avoiding delays in your application process can help you move forward with your career by showing prospective employers that you take the job seriously and you take the initiative to get started.
What is a DBS check?
A criminal record is a record of past criminal convictions for which someone has been found guilty by a court of law. Certain offenses are deemed so serious that they can stay on your record permanently, even if you have done nothing wrong since then (such as theft).
Having a conviction refers to the finding of a court against you at the end of your case – this could either be because you were found guilty or not proven about an offense (which means it’s not recorded).
There are several reasons why people experience delays in their DBS check.
- Accidentally entering in the incorrect applicant details on your DBS check application such as misspelling your name.
- Distribution delays. Most DBS checks should arrive within 14 days of being printed but they are subjected to the postal service and can potentially take longer or possibly even become lost.
- Random internal checks can occur within the DBS application process by the system to ensure the process itself is working properly and if your DBS check is targeted, it could delay your check from arriving.
How to avoid delays?
- Make sure that you apply for a DBS update at least six weeks before your job starts.
- If you’re volunteering or training, apply for the DBS update at least four weeks before starting.
- For interviews, start the process at least four weeks before your interview date.
- Double and even triple-check your application form to ensure that all the information you enter into the form is correct and that there are no errors.
Do not wait until the last minute to apply for your criminal record check.
Check with the employer or agency that is requesting the DBS check to see if they have a preferred time frame for applying for one. If an employer has a preference, it is best to follow their instructions rather than risk delays in processing and receiving your certificate on time.
The Bottom Line
For anyone who applies for a DBS check, it’s essential to ensure that the information on the certificate is accurate and up-to-date. This can take time, so it doesn’t hurt to start early. The last thing you want is to be rejected from your dream job because of an inaccurate record.
Use our service https://www.dbs-check-online.uk/org-dbs-check!